GOD IS…the Creator and Ruler of the universe. He exists eternally in three personalities: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. There is one God in three persons. These three are co-equal and are one God.
– Genesis 1:1, 26, 27; 3:22; Psalm 90:2; 1 Peter 1:2; 2 Corinthians 13:14
JESUS CHRIST IS…the son of God. He is co-equal with the Father. Jesus lived a sinless human life and offered himself as the perfect sacrifice for the sins of all people by dying on a cross. He arose from the dead after three days to demonstrate his power over sin and death. He ascended to heaven’s glory and will return to earth again to reign as King of Kings and Lord of Lords.
– Matthew 1:22-23; Isaiah 9:6; John 1:1-5; 14:10-30; Hebrews 4:14-15; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4
THE HOLY SPIRIT IS…co-equal with the Father and the Son as God. He is present in the world to make us aware of our need for Jesus Christ. He lives in every Christian from the moment of salvation and provides the Christian with the power for living, understanding of spiritual truth, and guidance in doing what is right. He gives every believer a spiritual gift when they are saved. As Christians, we seek to live under His control daily.
– Romans 1:3-4; Acts 1:9-11; 1 Timothy 6:14, 15; 2 Corinthians 3:17; John 16:7-13, 14:16-17; Acts 1:8; 1 Corinthians 2:12, 3:16; Ephesians 1:13
THE BIBLE IS…God’s Word to us. It was written by human authors under the supernatural guidance of the Holy Spirit. It is the supreme source of truth for Christian beliefs and living.
Because it is inspired by God, it is the truth without any mixture of error.
– 2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:20-21; 2 Timothy 1:13; Psalm 119:105, 160, 12:6; Proverbs 30:5
MANKIND IS…made in the spiritual image of God, to be like him in character. People are the supreme object of God’s creation. Although every person has tremendous potential for good. We are all marred by an attitude of disobedience toward God called “sin”. This attitude separates all of us from God and causes many problems in life.
– Genesis 1:27; Psalm 8:3-6; Isaiah 53:6a; Romans 3:23; Isaiah 59:1, 2
SALVATION IS…God’s free gift to us, but we must accept it. We can never make up for our sins by self-improvement or good works. Only by trusting in Jesus Christ as God’s offer of forgiveness can anyone be saved from sins’ penalty. When we turn from our self-ruled life and turn to Jesus in faith, we are saved. Eternal life begins the moment one receives Jesus Christ into his life by faith.
– Romans 6:23; Ephesians 2:8-9; John 14:6, 1:12; Titus 3:5; Galatians 3:26; Romans 5:1
ETERNAL SECURITY IS…the grace and keeping power of God. Because God gives us eternal life through Jesus Christ, the true believer is secure in that salvation for eternity. If you have been genuinely saved, you cannot “lose” it. Salvation is maintained by the grace and power of God, not by the self-effort of the Christian.
– John 10:29; 2 Timothy 1:12; Hebrews 7:25, 10:10, 14; 1 Peter 1:3-5
ETERNITY IS…how long we were created to exist with God. We will either exist eternally separated from God by sin, or in union with God through forgiveness and salvation. To be eternally separated from God is Hell. To be eternally in union with Him is heaven. Heaven and Hell are real places of eternal existence.
– John 3:16; John 14:17; Romans 6:23; Romans 8:17-18; Revelation 20:15; 1 Corinthians 2:7-9